Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Who I Am

My name is David Buzanski.
I have lived in Eugene, Oregon for about seven years now.  I have worked in coffee shops most of my life.  I now work at the Wandering Goat Coffee Company, which is a small family owned sustainable coffee roastery specializing in sourcing and roasting the finest coffees available.
Since working here, I have undertaken many different jobs and responsibilities.  I am the barista trainer which also includes training any of our accounts as well as new employees.  This includes not only skill building but also cafe efficiency on a general level.  I have blended, bagged, and delivered our coffees all over town, building relationships with accounts.  I am trained on working on and repairing most coffee equipment including espresso machines, grinders, and drip brewers.  More recently I have started the journey into coffee roasting itself, spending time on a San Franciscan SF-1 sample roaster in anticipation for moving onto our Loring S35 Kestral.  This has been some of the most rewarding work as coffee roasting has been an aspect of coffee I have been interested in since I have been in the coffee world.
During all of this time, I have been reading and researching about coffee and I finally feel like I have enough valuable information that I can be a some what of a resource for coffee related questions.
I started PNWCL as a way for me to continue talk about what I love: coffee.  Enjoy the blog and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions, from professional barista level to home coffee making.

David Buzanski
PNWCL

1 comment: